Friday, June 18, 2010

Fast Friday Recipe

I thought it would be fun to plan on posting a favorite quick and easy recipe on Fridays to kickstart the weekend!! Some of my favorite things to eat on the weekends, are dips. I love to dip pretzels, crackers, chips, carrots, fruit, you name it! This recipe is one that I've had sitting in my INBOX in my email for over 2 years. Yes, for 2 years, I've saved this recipe and never tried it. So why am I passing it onto you folks already? Because of it's source. Taste of Home magazine. This is one of THE BEST food and recipe magazines and websites out there. Why?

1. Realistic Recipes for my family- There are a LOT of just (what I call) normal recipes here. I am a mom with 4 kids and although I don't classify us as picky eaters, we are simple eaters. If recipes start calling for 20 different ingredients for a sauce... I'm probably going to skip it due to the time, budget and just plain sanity constraints. It's real food for real people...not Gourmet Chefs. If you want gourmet food and fancy foods, go visit Delish or something.

2. Variety- Taste of Home magazine has a 5 or less sections, a slow-cooker section, a holiday section, dessert section, a bread machine section, a quick dinner section...etc. Sure a lot of other sites do to, but I feel like every time I open this magazine, there's something awesome in each one.

3. LOTS of reader recipes. I've had tons of luck with using recipes that are shared by readers. Usually these are time tested and rated, and I am rarely disappointed.

Ok, so onto the recipe! Meaty Chili Dip Recipe (I'm excited because I am growing my first green pepper plant and will be able to make something with it that I like!)

A meaty dish like this is a must for the men in my family. They scrape the serving bowl clean! For the best dipping use large corn chips. —Karen Kiel, Missouri

  • Prep/Total Time: 20 min.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
  • 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
  • 1 envelope chili seasoning mix (about 4 tbsp.)
  • Corn chips

Directions

  • In a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomato paste, cream cheese and chili seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
  • Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish to keep warm. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 3 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment