Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BI-LO Bargain

Just got back from my trip to BI-LO for some groceries before the sales change tomorrow and had another successful trip! I can't believe that I used to spend WELL over $100 per trip to BI-LO...spending around $600/mo on groceries for our family of 5. Since couponing, I haven't spent over $100 and at the moment, seem to be bringing home MORE than I normally would have!

Today I stocked up on a lot of great deals and some necessities. BOGO Dixie Sugar (plus two 50cent coupons, making it $1.00 for 2 4lb. bags of sugar), Tea Bags for my sun tea, pop tarts (on sale and 75cents off....doubled!), cereal, marinades, cleaners, frozen meals, and a lots other goodies.

TOTAL before coupons/BI-LO Savings... $81.00
Total spent.... $38.00

Now, one purchase I made that I don't normally buy is Heinz 57 Sauce. But I had a coupon for $1.00 plus it was on sale PLUS I was able to do the BI-LO compare challenge and get the Southern Home brand for FREE in order to compare brands. So, not to be wasteful... my goal is to check out some of my favorite recipe sites and see if I can come up with a yummy dinner that uses those sauces!

Don't forget ladies!!! TOMORROW BEGINS SUPER DOUBLES AT HARRIS TEETER!! And yes, I may ACTUALLY be going to the grocery store BEFORE work at 7:30am. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment